- Property: Chalet
- Status: For Sale
- Bedrooms: 9
- Bathrooms: 6
- Habitable Area: 365m²
- Total Area: 365m²
- Land Area: 1351m²
- Location: Les Houches
A stunningly refurbished, 9 bedroom 18th century farmhouse, with uninterrupted alpine views. Located in the centre of Les Houches, the 365m² chalet sits on a generous plot of 1351m². The property is currently divided into two parts, with the main chalet on the first and second floors and an independent apartment on the ground floor.
The chalet has a stunning double height open plan living area with a gorgeous cathedral ceiling, and 5 ensuite bedrooms.
The ground floor apartment has a good-sized kitchen/dining/living area which opens onto the deck and garden, with stunning views across the valley. The apartment currently has 4 bedrooms, a 5th bedroom could easily be created, and one of the existing bedrooms could very easily be converted into an independant studio with it's own entrance.
The flexibility of Chalet Kandahar is impressive, you can have one 9 bedroom chalet or a 5 bedroom main chalet with a 3 bedroom apartment and an independent studio. There is also the possibility to build another chalet in the lower garden, in a position that would in no way impact the view of the main farmhouse.
- A magnificent 18th century farmhouse, elegantly converted into a beautiful 9 bedroom chalet
- An incredibly well thought-out and versatile property
- Great amenities including sauna, swim spa and hot tub
- Located in the heart of Les Houches, yet still benefitting from unobstructed views across the valley
- Run as a business, the property has proven rental income making it a good investment opportunity
Our opinionChalet Khandahar is a truly unique property with an amazing history. Restored by the current owners with the help of local artisans and using local materials, the chalet has a traditional, Savoyard feel. At the same time, with an air source heating system, an electric vehicle charging point, floor to ceiling windows and high spec kitchen, the chalet feels modern with sustainability at its heart. A must-see and one not to miss out on.
Agency feesAgency fees are included in the price and payable by the seller
LocationChalet Kandahar is located in the heart of Les Houches, minutes’ walk to the Bellevue cable car. It is also within walking distance of shops, bars and restaurants. The closest bus stop is just next door with regular transport linking Les Houches to Les Praz.
- Notaire Fees: €187,500
- Estimated energy cost min. (€ pa): €1,527
- Estimated energy cost max. (€ pa): €2,067
- Estimated energy cost reference date: 2021
- DPE report date: 23/08/2022
- Heating: Aerothermy
- Hot tub